Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sub Systems

Last week we talked about the Family Systems Theory. I found it very interesting to analyze my only family and find out about the different sub systems that exist within it. Of course, there was a husband/wife relationship, mother/daughter relationships, father/son relationships, etc. However, the ones that I found the most interesting were the ones that had do with my and my siblings. Among the five of us, there seems to be a divide between us based on our personalities. 


I have always felt like I have a relationship with each one of my siblings, and each one is different. I love them all and have connected with each one of them at different times of my life. However, as we have all reached adulthood, I feel like I generally relate more to Haley and Griffin than I do with Logan and Allison. We seem to think more in the same way. We have the same senses of humor. I can talk to Haley for hours, and some of my funniest memories are with Griffin. We seem to view situations in a similar way.

Logan and Allison are both lots of fun too. It's just that at times, our personalities clash. They are both very strong willed, which is good in a way, but sometimes I can't handle it. There have been times that I have been chased away emotionally because I don't fully know how to handle their intensity. They like to debate and from what I have observed, they view the world mostly in shades of black and white with less grey areas.

 I want to make it clear that it is not a matter of "getting along." We all get along very well. However, in my eyes, our personality types have created somewhat of a divide based on different interests and styles.

These two personality types can also be viewed as sub systems within the family. These groups have been reorganized before, and I would not be surprised if they shifted again sometime in the future.








No comments:

Post a Comment