Monday, October 31, 2011

Children Change Things

This past week in class we talked about bringing children into the world and the changes that happen in a marriage because of that. Children are a big deal and even a tiny new born baby can create either a great amount of added joy, or some serious problems in a marriage.

One thing that Brother Williams talked about in class last week was the importance of including the father in the joys of having a new baby. Let him be a part of things, even though sometimes it might seem difficult, or even unnecessary. We learned in class that men like to be appreciated and they like to feel wanted. By including them in the little things, like feeling the baby kick, being in the delivery room, and letting him have one on one time with the baby. I know that a child's relationship with its father is vital and it starts at birth, maybe even before birth.

As we discussed these issues in class, and as a future wife and mother I cannot wait to one day have my own family. I know that there will be hard times, but from taking this class, I feel more prepared to handle them. I am so excited to see relationships develop between me and my children and my husband and children. I want him to be every bit a part of their lives as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment